Sunday, April 24, 2005

Mystic Verses

To the Divine Drunkard

Listen, drunkard! Come this way!
Come, rest a while at my place.
What is it that you drink? what
drink makes you reel thus?

O I'm not sober either; No
And nor is this neighbourhood;
Only, hehe, we like to imagine so.
So come, you wont feel odd

Come, O, you wont feel bored!
Sanity? ah let me throw this
mask away! see! you wont find
madness of an intenser kind

I call you with a drunkard's love
for a greater drunkard! come!
share with me too, that of which
you are drunk! reel! and dance!

Wait, let me throw this wine away!
Off, wretch! I lose myself in you!
Drunkard! share with me that
drink by which you are lost to it!

Yes, listen, Drunkard, come here,
wont you? come, lets make merry!
We'll drink and forget the drink,
come, mirth, fun and more mirth!

No comments: